Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
Participation in ESTA – Educating Science Teachers for All: The project aims to build an international network for science teachers in order to exchange experience and discuss subject teaching issues. The main goal of ESTA-Project is to implement and develop CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) approach in integrated teaching of science subjects and languages. The Participants of the project are higher education institutions from Germany, Ireland, Philippines, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ilia State University (SaLIS Labaratory and Innovative Research Centre) and Telavi State University (Education Department).
PH Ludwigsburg, 02.2020
German language teachers’ preparation international program of Ilia State University, Jena University and Goethe-Institut.
Project Implementers: Friedrich Schiller University of Jena; Goethe-Institut and Ilia State University.
Contents of the program:
- Theoretical aspects of language teaching in the form of modules on 6 different topics important to the German language teaching;
- School practice and practice-oriented research;
- Written Thesis.
Teaching format: Blended Learning
Result: International High School Certificate certified by all three partners (please, see details at: https://iliauni.edu.ge/ge/siaxleebi-8/axali-ambebi-36/germanuli-enis-maswavleblis-momzadebis-ertwliani-saganmanatleblo-saertashoriso-programa .page)
Training projects, summer school and more
- Participation of Georgian students in Innsbruck Summer School on the topic “German Language and Austrian Culture” (within the existing partnership between Innsbruck and Tbilisi). The project has been implemented since 2016 and 7 students of Ilia State University take part in it each year;
- Joint projects with local, international, non-governmental and other organizations.
The Center cooperates with:
- Goethe-Institut (https://www.goethe.de/ins/ge/de/index.html=
- Georgian Branch of TESOL – International Association of Professionals, that promotes the development of quality of English language teaching, professional development, research, standards and advocacy (https://www.tesol.org/).
- Georgian Public Interests Defense Association, which promotes the development of liberal educational system, decentralization, and cooperation between school and society.(http://en.efd.ganatldi.ge/?page_id=2)
- Österreichische Bibliothek (http://iliauni.edu.ge/ge/iliauni/AcademicDepartments/mecnierebata-da-xelovnebis-fakulteti-269/centrebi-588/avstriuli-kulturis-centri/avstriuli-biblioteka)